I had the longest prenatal check up in history yesterday. It was actually scheduled to be that long anyway...but I never knew it would be that long (4 hours). The first hour I was schooled by a nurse about what to expect in this second pregnancy. A lot of the material was repetitive from what I learned being pregnant with Breanna, but she answered lots of my questions with my new changes. Then there was that long wait to be seen by the doctor, who was late from tending an emergency patient bearing twins. He was so courteous and apologized for being late and promised to spend a little extra time with me. How sweet. He was cute too =) Finally, the most uncomfortable part of the visit were getting the flu shot and bloodwork.
In my visit I learned some interesting things:
1. Research on mixed race children (particularly White with Asian) shows that these children are always born on the heavier side (around 8 lbs or more). In my case, Breanna was 10.7 lbs and I'm hoping for a less heavier, yet healthy baby.
2. Sometimes the uterus supports a baby that grows inward toward the spine rather than outward toward the belly button and will cause back pain and constipation.
3. I love sushi but during pregnancy I should stay away from the raw kind and stick to cooked fish. I might also stay away from shrimp since they are bottom feeders which eat all the muck and waste from the sea floor. Yuck! I'm safe with California rolls and unagi.
4. When the first trimester is over, I'll have to change my favorite cardio routine (jogging) to another less high impact one such as speed walking. Pooowheey.
How am I feeling this week?
Energy: I got really tired this Friday morning ~ probably from the flu shot
Mood: smug, but bored ~ it seems like I've been pregnant for a year already
Appetite: all right...not heavy yet
Cravings: none
Sickness: a little nausea...I'm glad it's tapering off
Measurements
Weight: 145
Friday, September 18, 2009
First Prenatal
Posted by Tracy at 9/18/2009 04:26:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment