Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Good Progression

OK -- so she didn't arrive on her estimated due date either. Oh well -- she's not even born yet she's testing my patience =)

I have, however, been feeling more signs of progression. I feel as if I've gained 100 lbs in the past two days! I'm also getting PMS symptoms such as a dull lower back ache, crampiness in the lower abdominal area, thick blood-streaked mucous that looks like snot and a bloody smell in my underwear, and most obvious to those around me: irritability.

Also, I think she found a new spot in my abdomen to stretch out as she's being cramped -- my stomach! I easily get heartburn at the slightest decline of my body. Plus, I could feel her pushing up against the bottom part of my sternum. It seems like she really is trying to get comfy in there. I tried doing some "bumpy" exercises tonight to expediate labor -- step aerobics, walking, soft jumping, some jogging -- anything to make her want to "jiggle" out of there. Per midwife, it's safe.

My contractions are still happening regularly and painlessly, yet at the same time are becoming a bit more noticeable. She moves around more than 10 times in a 20 minute period still -- good sign of activity.

Wednesday night assignment: WALK MORE, ACCUPRESSURE, RED RASPBERRY LEAF TEA

0 comments: