I have a coworker at my new job who shares the same name as I -- "Tracy". It's so awkward! I've never had a problem my entire life of having someone w/ the same name as I. Now I know what David goes through when someone yells across the room for "Dave". Almost everyone is named Dave. . .and it's a nice name by the way.
Anyways, Tracy comes into the office w/ a hysterical laugh. She says outloud to another coworker, "The Vice President just congratulated me on my pregnancy! How can that be?! I already have 3 kids and I don't want anymore! Who's been spreading lies that I'm pregnant?!"
I giggled inside b/c I knew that this turned out to be a great misunderstanding, but I kept listening. I watched the entire office stop their work to listen to her venting. After a few minutes, I admitted "it's me. . .I'm the one who's pregnant".
Then the rest of the day, I got many congrats and people looking at my belly. It's finally a relief to let that out in the open. I just didn't know when or how to say it to everyone. Perfect timing! -- I suppose.
Anyways, last night we met the greatest group of people that I've ever needed especially during this critical time of our relationship. We were invited to attend a function after church to meet w/ other Christian Young Married couples. These people were so beautiful inside and out. Of coursed I loved hanging out w/ the women b/c we huddled around the kitchen nook and shared our experiences as young married wives. I was the youngest wife amongst veterans who've been married 2 or more years. Being around them made marriage seem wonderful. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one dealing w/ conflict -- and I heard more conflict could occur w/ the arrival of our baby. One of the girls last night said the dearest words to me: "You are going to be a very beautiful pregnant woman!" Ahhhh =) -- just when I thought I was looking very different from them, she comes to greet me w/ special medicine to my ears & figure.
Monday, October 10, 2005
Now Everyone Knows!
Posted by Tracy at 10/10/2005 02:12:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment